Reposting Instagram stories is an excellent strategy to increase the engagement rate. Many Instagram marketers retell a famous brand’s story by reposting them to obtain credibility and brand trust. This UGC strategy really works for your business because you can grow and engage your audience effectively. It is simple to repost the stories of an Instagram account if they mention you. However, many people consider how to repost on Instagram story when you’re not tagged in.
Privacy is an essential issue for the Instagram algorithm, and that’s why it is difficult to find a way to repost on Instagram story when you’re not tagged in. However, in this article, I will unveil an Instagram repost hack to facilitate you unlock any lock on “how to repost on Instagram story when you’re not tagged in.”
So, let’s dive in.
How to Repost on Instagram Story When You Are Tagged in
Instagram lets people tag others when sharing stories. Actually, this is an excellent method to gain more views and engage the audience. Therefore, to tag someone in your story, you need to:
- Select the “Aa” button on top of your screen. Also, you can tap on the story you are preparing.
- Then, mention the person as @username.
- In this case, they will see the message of “1 story mentions you” as a notification in “Mentions.”
When you publish the story, Instagram will send a notification to the account you typed the username and also sends the stories to you by a DM.
Also, this is how you can recognize if someone mentioned you in an Instagram story.
It’s pretty easy to repost on Instagram story when you’re tagged in. Accordingly, to repost the story, go through the following instruction:
- Open your DM box
- Tap on the “Mentions”
- Then, tap on “Add This to Your Story.”
- Now, you can edit the rest of the story if you desire.
- Select “Send to”
- Finally, tap on “Share“ to repost the story.
How to Repost on Instagram Story When You’re Not Tagged in
1. Take a Screenshot
A way to repost on Instagram story when you’re not tagged in is to take screenshots or record the story from your screen using a recorder app. However, I don’t recommend you this method as it wastes time. Moreover, you need to edit the whole video after recording it, so the resolution and quality will decrease.
Nevertheless, using the best Instagram repost app, you can quickly repost on Instagram story when you’re not tagged in.
2. Use AiSchedule: The Best Repost App Ever
The only action you need to take is to:
1. Sign up for free and login to your account.
2. Click or tap on “Manage Account.”
3. Select “POSTS & SCHEDULING”
4. Then, click on the “Repost” button.
5. Pick “Story.”
6. Now, insert the account’s username.
7. You will see all the stories prioritized by date. Then tap on the one you want to repost.
8. Here, you can edit and add the tags and every detail you want.
9. Then, to schedule the time, select the “Post in future.” Otherwise, tap on “Post Now.”
10. Finally, submit your post.
This is the best and quickest method to repost on Instagram story when you’re not tagged in.
How to Repost Content on Instagram Story
Instagram has made it easy for users to repost content they like on Instagram. In this case, to repost content on Instagram story, perform the following steps:
- Go to the post you want to repost.
- Tap on the paper plane icon below the post.
- Pick “Add Post to Your Story.”
- Now, you can edit the post in your Instagram Story as you wish.
- Then, you can repost the content.
As you see, it is easy as a piece of cake to share others’ content. However, this feature is not available on the desktop, and you can do it only on the mobile app.
How to Repost Content on Instagram Story from PC
1. Log in to your account.
2. Click on “Manage Account.”
3. Choose “POSTS & SCHEDULING”
4. Now, click on the “Repost” button.
5. Select “Feed.”
6. Insert the account’s username.
7. To repost a feed, select the hashtag, location, or username. Then type the keyword of the account you desire to repost its content.
8. Now, you can edit the caption and add the hashtags and every detail you want.
9. Then, click on the “Post in future” to schedule the time or select “Post Now.”
And that’s it!
Reposting on the Instagram story is a user-generated content strategy that drives traffic to your account. Though, when you can’t repost someone’s original Instagram story or content, a bypass is to hire an IG-friendly app to perform the process for you. Remember to contact the user and ask for permission to repost their content.