Wondering how to delete all Instagram posts? You are in the right place to find the answer.
The Instagram platform has added a built-in feature that allows users to mass delete Instagram posts, comments, and other platform activity easily and quickly.
There may come a time when you might feel your Instagram account needs a fresh start. And your decision may be due to many reasons. Perhaps you crave to get rid of old, outdated content and start getting more Instagram followers! Maybe you are tired of the theme of your Instagram profile or want to delete some of your old posts that you no longer wish to display.
But if you’re an Instagram influencer or using an Instagram business profile, how do you mass delete Instagram posts when there are hundreds or thousands of them? This all-inclusive guide will provide the answer. Then, let’s get started.
Not a fan of detailed blogs? So, start mass deleting posts on your Instagram account!
How To Delete All Instagram Posts
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. First, go to your Instagram profile and tap on the menu button (the three horizontal lines) in the top right corner of your IG page.
2. Now, tap on ‘Your Activity.’ At this point, you can view and manage all your Instagram activity, including time spent, likes, comments, history, links, archives, recently deleted posts, Reels, or IGTV videos.
3. Next, tap on ‘Photos and videos.’
4. Then tap on ‘posts’ if you want to mass delete Instagram posts.
5. As of now, you can also sort your Instagram posts from most recent to oldest or vice versa. Then, tap on ‘Sort & filter’ to sort by oldest to newest or to filter by specific dates.
6. Finally, tap ‘Select’ at the top and pick the posts you want to mass delete them. When you see the ‘Delete Posts?’ popup, tap ‘Delete.’
This way, you can mass delete Instagram posts directly from the Instagram app. If you select all of your posts, you will be free of them all and you can start anew.
Pro Tip: If you are not able to see any of the options listed above, try updating your Instagram app to its latest version. Remember that this new feature that allows you to mass delete Instagram posts is only available on the Instagram mobile apps (Android and IOS).
Currently, this feature isn’t available on the Instagram web version.
Also, keep in mind that if you mass delete Instagram posts by mistake, you won’t have any problem restoring them. Find out more in the following paragraphs.
How To Delete ALL Instagram Posts On A Computer
What if you are browsing Instagram on your computer? What Instagram post deleter is there to help you mass delete Instagram posts on PC? Well, there’s still the option to delete an Instagram post from your computer.
- On your browser, Open dev tools (by pressing F12 or Ctrl+Shift+J)
- Press the ‘Toggle device toolbar’ button in the top-left corner (or press Ctrl+Shift+M)
- Go to your photo (Refresh the Page) Press the […] button. The delete option is available now as long as you keep the dev tools visible
As you can see, in this method, you can only delete posts one by one. So, if you want to know how to delete all Instagram posts through your laptop or PC, you can use AiGrow’s Instagram Post Deleter Application.
The AiGrow mass delete feature is fully compatible with all types of devices. So, you can instantly set it up and start mass deleting for Instagram iOS, Android, PC, or laptop.
How To Recover Deleted Instagram Posts
When you mass delete Instagram posts, they are taken to the ‘Recently Deleted Section.’ If you accidentally deleted the wrong post, you can recover it after 30 days of deleting it.
Here is how to see and restore mass deleted Instagram posts:
1. Go to the ‘Your Activity’ section.
2. Tap on ‘Recently Deleted’ on the Your activity screen.
3. You will be able to see all your deleted Instagram posts and the number of days left until they are permanently deleted. Tap on a deleted post that you want to restore.
4. Tap on the three-dot icon and select Restore.
How to Delete All Saved Posts on Instagram
A very practical feature of Instagram is that its users can save the posts they like on the platform itself to watch later on. However, sometimes this feature might be a bit troublesome as you may be saving too many posts without even realizing it.
Therefore, learning how to delete all saved posts on Instagram is as important as learning how to delete all Instagram posts. Take a look at the steps below to learn how:
- Open your IG app and navigate to your profile.
- Tap on the three lines/dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap on ‘Saved,’ and select your intended posts or collection.
- Tap on three dots and click on ‘Edit Collection.’
- Now, by choosing ‘Delete Collection’ you can delete all saved posts on Instagram.
Pro Tip 1: If you’re wondering how to delete all saved posts on Instagram, you can simply follow the same steps mentioned above. Then, delete all the collections one by one. That way, you will have no saved posts left.
Pro Tip 2: If you open the collection and tap on the three-dot icon at the top, you can select the saved posts you want to delete in bulk.
How To Hide All Instagram Photos At Once
If you don’t want to change your profile drastically, you can temporarily disable your account to hide all your Instagram posts. To temporarily disable your account:
1. Go into your account settings from the profile page.
2. Specify why you wish to disable your account.
3. Re-enter your password in the provided space
4. Click on the blue ‘Temporarily Disable Account’ button.
FAQs on How to Delete All Instagram Posts
So far, we’ve tried to cover all your questions about how to mass delete Instagram posts in bulk. Now, let’s get into more of your questions!
1- How to Delete Reels on Instagram?
- First, go to your IG profile.
- Locate the Reel you want to delete and tap it.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the bottom right corner and then tap ‘Delete.’ Confirm you want to delete the Reel by tapping ‘Delete’ in the pop-up window.
Tip: If you want to remove a Reel without deleting it, you have the option to archive the Reel from the same menu as shown above.
2- Is There A Way To Remove Instagram Posts Without Deleting Them?
Sometimes, you just want to remove an IG post from your page but don’t want to delete it permanently. You merely wish to have it gone temporarily. Well, the solution is the Instagram archive.
Using this feature, you can remove any content from your IG feed and transfer it to somewhere that only you have access to. This way, you won’t lose your post, or its likes and comments, and it will be hidden from other users.
Here’s how to archive an Instagram post:
1. First, go to your profile.
2. Then, tap on the three dots in the upper corner of your post.
3. Now, select ‘Archive,’ so you’re all set!
3- How To Archive All Instagram Posts?
You’ve got multiple posts to hide from your profile but don’t want to do it one by one. Don’t worry. We’ve got it all figured out.
In case you wish to archive multiple IG posts all at once, follow the steps below:
1. Open your profile and tap on the three lines/dots in the upper corner.
2. Tap on ‘Your activity.’
3. Tap on ‘Photos and videos.’
4. Select the type of content you wish to archive.
5. Select and hold the posts you’d like to archive.
6. Tap on ‘Archive.’
Pro Tip: You can view your archived posts under Your activity > Archived. If you select an archived post and tap on the three-dot icon and choose Show on the profile, you can unarchive the post.
4- How to Mass Delete All Your Archived Posts on Instagram at Once?
Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t allow users to mass delete archived posts. You will have to open each archived post and delete it one by one.
5- How to Mass Delete Old Instagram Comments, Likes, or Story Reactions?
If you wish to mass delete any previous interactions from your Instagram profile, such as likes or comments, proceed with the following steps:
1. Go to your IG profile, and tap on the three horizontal lines icon at the top right corner of your IG page.
2. Then tap on ‘Your Activity.’
3. Now tap on Interactions. You can select comments, likes, or story replies depending on what you want to delete in bulk.
4. You can use the Sort & filter option to sort comments from oldest to newest or according to specific dates.
Finally, choose ‘Select’ and tap on the things you wish to delete. Hit the Delete button at the bottom to remove the selected items.
Note: As of now, Instagram does not let you recover deleted Instagram comments. If You need greater control over your Instagram comments to boost Instagram’s growth and engagement, AiGrow is the best Instagram account manager we have for you.
Give AiGrow a Try now to see its guaranteed results.
6- How To Delete Carousel Post On Instagram?
Once you learn how to delete multiple posts on Instagram, removing several carousel posts is no big deal. However, if you’d like to learn how to manually delete one picture out of multiple on IG, just follow the instructions below:
- First, open the carousel post.
- Then, from the three horizontal dots in the top right corner, select the ‘Edit’ option.
- Now, swipe till you find the picture you want to remove and tap on the trash icon in the top left corner.
- Once you confirm your decision, it’s over!
Conclusion: How To Mass Delete Instagram Posts
With your images erased from Instagram, you can go back to living a socially free life without the pressure or embarrassment your old Instagram photos might cause. So, learning how to delete all Instagram posts has become a necessity!
Now, you can either remove pictures and videos one by one or simply learn how to delete all Instagram posts so that you won’t have to spend a crazy deal of time removing content!
Thanks to the Instagram ‘Your Activity’ feature (as discussed in the article), you will now be able to bulk manage (delete, archive) your content (posts, stories, IGTV, and Reels) and your interactions (comments, likes, story sticker reactions, etc.) directly from the Instagram app.
But if you want to know how to delete all Instagram posts from your computer or mass delete archived posts at once, our top recommendation is to use AiGrow’s Instagram post deleter tool.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions not answered here, feel free to leave us a comment. We will do our best to address them in the near future.
Also, take a look at these articles related to this topic: