Instagram’s link-in-bio feature allows you to add a clickable URL to your profile. If you are running a business on Instagram, this Instagram link in bio is essential for driving traffic to your website and increasing your leads and sales from Instagram.
But sometimes, the link in bio Instagram does not function properly. For instance, the link may be visible on your profile, but nothing happens when you click or tap on it.
But don’t worry, we are here to help you.
In this article, we are going to give you easy and quick fixes on why the Instagram link in bio not working. Moreover, we will introduce you to one of the best IG tools that allows you to add multiple clickable links to your Instagram bio. So, without further ado, let’s jump right into the matter.
Note: If you are looking for an ultimate solution for your Instagram link in bio not working correctly, get started with Myurls for free now. MyURLS.bio provides the best option for people who are looking to set up multiple links for their Instagram bio. Throughout this article, we will discuss it in more detail.
Instagram Link in Bio: What Is It and Why Is It Important
What does link in bio mean? As its name implies, the Instagram link in bio is a very helpful feature that allows you to add a clickable link to your Instagram bio. Through the link in bio Instagram, you can take your followers to your website, product page, or another important external page.
It is also a very beneficial feature for Instagram Influencers as it boosts your online visibility and traffic. It also increases the engagement rate and the number of blog visitors.
So, when your Instagram links not working properly, it can result in huge losses for you. But don’t worry as we are here to help you solve the problem in the best possible way.
So, continue reading this article to resolve your ‘Instagram links not working’ issue immediately.
Why Is My Instagram Link In Bio Not Working
There might be some possible reasons for the Instagram link not working. It is important to spot the reasons. Because once you detect the reason, fixing links in Instagram bio not working is no big deal.
Wanna know why the Instagram link in bio not working? If that’s the case, go on!
Here are some possible reasons why your Instagram link in bio isn’t working:
- Link in bio service you chose stopped working.
- You are not putting the link in the right section.
- You have not updated your Instagram yet to the latest version.
- A bug caused your Instagram link in bio not working.
- You have a full Instagram cache.
- It fails to load because of a faulty Internet connection
- Instagram blocked your link in bio
First, we will talk about the possible reasons, then let you know how to fix them. So stay tuned!
#1. Link In Bio Service You Chose Stopped Working
Do you use any third-party platform or service to add links in bio other than Instagram itself? If yes, maybe it stopped working. This can be as simple as that.
A year ago, Linktree stopped working and did harm many businesses, especially the small ones. Maybe your case is the same.
What Can I Do If Link In Bio Service Stopped Working?
To be honest, there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. So I encourage you to pick the right Instagram link in bio service to prevent such problems.
#2. Your Instagram Bio link Not Working Because You Did Not Put The Link In The Right Section
If you do not put the link in the right section, it will become part of your bio, not a link to be clicked on. Therefore, it can be another possible reason for the Instagram link in bio not working.
Some users just type the link in their bio alongside the rest of their information. When the link does not get blue and no one can click on it, they wonder why the Instagram link in bio not working.
So, you should add your Instagram link in bio to the website field, not the Biofield of your Instagram profile.
Where Is The Right Section To Put The Link In
Ensure that you add your link in bio through these steps;
- Open your Instagram mobile app and go to your Instagram profile.
2. Tap Edit Profile at the top of the screen.
3. Add a brief link to your website field.
4. Finally, tap Done to save your link in bio.
It’s all done! Now, your Instagram link in bio will appear below your biography and will be clickable/tappable on both desktops and mobile devices!
#3. You Have Not Updated Your Instagram Yet
Have you updated your Instagram? When was the last time you did that? Maybe that is why your Instagram link in bio not working or you can not add a link to your Instagram bio at all.
Try to keep your Instagram updated, especially if you have Instagram for business. Some features like a link in bio feature can level up your income.
How To Update Instagram?
You are either an Android or an iPhone user. As you know, updating on these two devices differs from one another. Read the one which matches your device and skip the other part.
How To Update Instagram On Android
- First, open the Google Play app on Android.
- Next, navigate to the options toolbar located in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the second option titled ‘apps and games’
- Now, you will see a page that lists all apps available to update. Scroll down to find Instagram.
- Lastly, tap ‘Update.’ Now the Instagram app will begin to update.
Note: You can auto-update all your apps. Just go to the Settings menu in the Google Play Store and tap the setting ‘auto-update apps.’ Now you can keep all your apps including Instagram updated.
How To Update Instagram On iPhone
- First, go to the App Store.
- Next, click on the updates tab located at the bottom right side of the screen. Depending on how many updates are available, there will be a red dot with a number showing how many updates there are.
- You’ll be taken to a list of apps that can be updated. Once you find the Instagram icon, tap the Update icon located next to it.
#4. Clear Your Instagram Cache
Another possible reason for the Instagram link in bio not working is that your Instagram cache on your Android, iOS, or windows device is full.
Therefore, you must clear the Instagram cache on your iOS or Android devices. If you don’t know how to clear your Instagram cache, check out this guide: How To Clear Instagram Cache In 2022 [On Android, iPhone, And Browsers]
#5. A Bug Caused Your Instagram Link In Bio Not Working
Some users reported that when they click the Instagram link in bio, they get redirected to the Instagram app. That is a bug that causes your Instagram link in bio not working properly.
How Do I Fix It?
If this bug belongs to Instagram just wait a couple of hours. It will work. If it is the app you use to add a link in bio, call the support and let them know. They will fix it for you in a few hours.
#6. Instagram Link In Bio Not Working Because It Fails To Load
The title says enough.
What To Do?
Chances are that your Instagram link in bio not working due to a poor internet connection. So, make sure the internet is not too slow to load the Instagram link in bio.
#7. Instagram Blocked Your Link In Bio
When you receive the ‘Link not allowed’ message from Instagram, it means Instagram blocked your link in bio. In fact, Instagram has become quite cautious about the Instagram link in bio. The reason for this is that they see a lot of spam accounts.
- Websites that spammers link to in their profiles
- Links to websites with explicit content
- Links that appear on several accounts within a short period
- Shortened links
- Fake website names
- Domain names using elements or misspellings of Instagram
- Links to Snapchat or Telegram. Instagram has stopped allowing users to encourage others to follow them on Snapchat or Telegram.
- Maybe your Instagram bio link not working because the page does not exist or the link is broken.
- Esty links like shopname.etsy.com. The best option is likely to use a format that doesn’t include the word ‘etsy’ at all.
What To Do?
Try to avoid the given problems. But what if your site isn’t spammy, and perhaps it’s even been allowed before?
Here are several solutions!
Change Your IP
Earlier I mentioned that the Instagram link in bio not working simply because of your WiFi connection to Instagram. First, change your IP. If the message still shows up, try other solutions.
How to Change Your IP?
There are 2 ways to change your IP.
- Restart your WiFi to get new IP
- Change router configuration
Now, restart Your Wifi To Get New IP
Get a new IP address by following these steps:
- Turn oFF your WiFi router.
- Wait for at least 3-5 minutes.
- Now turn on your WiFi.
- Connect your device to WiFi.
- Wait for a new IP address.
- Check if the error continues.
Change Router Configuration. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the homepage of your router and log in.
- Select the My Network tab.
- Click on Network Connection.
- Select Broadband (Ethernet) under Rule Name.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Renew > Release > Apply.
- Check if Instagram Link not allowed error persists.
Note: Try as well to change your mobile data IP to assure that the problem is not with IP.
- Put your mobile phone in Airplane mode for 3-5 minutes
- Turn off flight mode and launch Instagram to check if the issue has been resolved
If the problem persists, read on to know what to do.
#8. Try Facebook Debugger to Fix Your Instagram Links Not Working
If your URL is blocked on Instagram and you know that your link is not spammy or broken, then try Facebook debugger. It helped many users. It might help you too. But remember that you must have connected your Instagram to Facebook before you try the Facebook debugger.
Also, it is a good idea to run your link in bio Instagram through the FB debugger before posting.
#9. Use Myurls As An Ultimate Solution For Your Instagram Link In Bio Not Working
Our top solution for your Instagram link in bio not working is to use Myurls. It not only fixes your problem (within its customer support) but also;
- enables you to specify a link to each of your Instagram posts.
- It also provides a link to all your social media accounts.
- Furthermore, Myurls lets you lead your followers to turn them into your customer with its feature of ‘contact me.’ with this feature, you can gather contact information from your followers and run a campaign, and lead them.
Note: Instagram only permits one link per post. However, with Myurls you can share several URLs, which is extremely helpful for Instagram businesses and online shoppers. Moreover, this incredible tool allows you to track link clicks.
FAQs On Instagram Link In Bio Not Working
In this post, we focused on how to fix the Instagram links not working problem. Throughout the article, we answered many of your questions. We invite you to take a look at the other most frequently asked questions as we attempted to address more related queries on this topic. Ready to begin?
Q1. How To Fix ‘Instagram Link In Bio’ Error With The New Facebook Live Chat?
If you have an Instagram business account and you are connected to a Facebook business page, you might want to try this solution if the Instagram link in bio not working properly.
Here are the steps you need to go through
- Visit Facebook business support (facebook.com/business/help) – if you can’t find it, search Facebook ads support, and from there, you’ll find a link for it.
- When you land on the page, click on ‘Get Assistance.’ Fill out all the information they ask for, and click on the box to explain your issue in more detail. It will lead you to a Facebook live chat with a real person who can help you resolve the issue. It may help to fix your link in bio Instagram error too.
Q2. Why Link In Instagram Bio Not Clickable?
- A number of reasons can account for this. To resolve the issue, read the article and try the suggested solutions.
Q3. How Can I Put Links On My Instagram Posts?
With Myurls, there is no limit to where your link can be used. As mentioned earlier, it enables you to specify a link to each of your Instagram posts.
Get started with Myurls for free now to see how it makes it easier for you to link on Instagram.
Q4. How Can I Better Showcase My Brand On My Instagram Bio?
BrandID will help you show the world who you are as a brand. It will help you design a perfect bio for your brand on Instagram.
It is a very easy-to-use design tool that will catch people’s attention on your IG page, helping to grow your brand highly professionally on this competitive platform.
Q5. Why Instagram Links not Working on IG Stories?
The other frequently asked question is to how fix Instragram links not working on IG Stories. In this case, you’d better try to update your Instagram app.
But if you still have problem with Instagram links not working, try turning off and on your mobile device. If it still doesn’t work, it is more likely that you are experiencing a random bug on the app and Instagram will fix it soon.
Pro Tip: To find out if Instagram bugs are causing your Instagram bio links not working, you can search on Twitter to see if others are experiencing the same issue. If you see tons of tweets concerning Instagram bio link not working, you can make sure the app is to blame and Instagram will fix it shortly.
Summary: Instagram Link Not Working
Some of us get behind in business because the Instagram link in bio not working. There is always a reason behind it. You can fix your Instagram link in bio as soon as you spot the reason.
So, first, detect the problem, sit down to fix it, and rock your business. Just have it in mind that whatever the problem is, MyURL can fix it.
Meanwhile, if you know any other solution for the Instagram link in bio not working and you’d love to help the Instagram community, please share it in the comments below. We greatly appreciate your help🙏.
You can read other articles about Instagram glitches here:
- My Instagram Keeps Logging Me Out 2023: Easy & Quick Fixes Explained
- ‘Sorry We Couldn’t Log You In Instagram’ Here’s How To Fix! Best Solutions
- Instagram Stories Not Working 2022? Try These Easy & Quick Fixes
- Is Instagram Down Again? Fix The Glitch Now!
- Instagram DM Glitch: 8 Frequent Reasons And How To Fix It